Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Project

I hope it was a lovely long weekend for everyone.  Ours was amazing made all the better by the warm amazing weather, hanging out with friends, and accomplishing my biggest run ever!  We ran and finished the Bayshore Half Marathon!  13.1 miles!

In addition to everything else, I also found some time to do a weekend project.  Thanks to the amazing website Graphics Fairy I found this really cool project and used clipart from the website to create some towels with vintage French pictures.  All directions and free clip art can be found on the link but here is how mine turned out.  I'm also using the same idea to create some new covers for my dressing benches seen here as well as re-painting them.  Look for an upcoming post soon about my re-vamp!

Supplies: cotton balls, old spoon, iron, painter's tape, and CitraSolv (I found at my local organic grocery store), and flour sack towels below

I found these at Target, flour sack towels were about $6 for 4 of them

One of my towels
Don't you want to dry your hands with this?

My display of towels hung on my ladder that I painted and distressed to give it a old cottagy vintage feel

No comments:

Post a Comment