Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dressing Chairs and a Cat

So yesterday was pretty rough but I am finally feeling like my old self-slept on the couch, watched HGTV, read home decor magazines, checked my work emails, and cuddled with my cat.  I also did some research on the Internet for some inspiration and happened upon some ideas on what to do with my dressing chairs.

I have had 3 non-matching dressing chairs, 2 of which you can see below, that have been floating from room to room for some years now...much longer than I care to admit.  They've been seating, nightstands, catch-alls in guest rooms, and hidden in closets. 


Until now I have had no idea what to do with them but these pictures have now given them purpose.  So now I'm on a mission to find fabric and paint to re-do them.  My husband thinks I'm crazy but I think otherwise.  Oh, that cute little ball of fluff is our kitty, Aspen, my first "baby!" 

A guest room re-vitalized
A pretty bench anchors a 4 post bed
I love the use of the elegant striped fabric-it adds "layers" to the room
Better Homes and Gardens

From  my favorite designer Sarah Richardson of Sarah's House at HGTV

No comments:

Post a Comment