Friday, August 3, 2012

*Fancy* Friday

It's August and summer is just a few short weeks away from being over (tear falling down my face).  Of course, we've got a jam packed schedule this month but I plan to savor every last moment of warm weather, beaches, boating, etc.

So as summer winds down here are a few things that have been putting some *fancy* into my day....

This picture of the moon does not do justice to how beautiful and big it was over the bay.

My mother-in-law gave me a beautiful matching mirror and brush that we think dates back to the 1920's.  If you look closely enough you can see a "B" etched into it for our last name.  I was the 4th generation to receive and someday I'll pass along to my daughter.

Stress (stress,break up,life)
I had a break up this week....with stress
www.imgfave.com


Tonight is Friday Night Live Street Sales.  Downtown streets are shut down and all the shops filter outside onto the streets to sale their wares at super good prices.
http://downtowntc.com/

Watermelon Feta Basil
Who knew combining watermelon, basil, and feta would be so good?  The link tells you to make finger appetizers but I made mine into a salad and it was super delicious.
www.foodgawker.com

ZANY Consignment BoutiqueZANY Consignment Boutique
ZANY Consignment Boutique
I've loved this shop forever but have stopped there twice in the last month to pick up super cute in-expensive clothes...like a pair of Paige Premium denim jeans for only $8!
http://zanyconsignment.com/

Traverse City Film Festival
And of course, town is all abuzz with the film festival going on.  Unfortunately I am not going to see any movies but will be walking around downtown for some celebrity sightings...like Susan Sarandon who was here to help open the festival and show her new movie!
http://www.traversecityfilmfest.org/

See you Monday and have a *fancy* weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment