Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Kitchen Chalkboard

Back in April I posted this picture of our kitchen re-do/reconfiguration, specifically noting that I wanted to put some chalkboard paint up on some outer cabinet facing.  Not only to hide the unsightly facing but as a place where SHE could write and draw.


I finally bought some chalkboard paint at a local hardware store for about $8 and painted away.  As you can see SHE is already loving it!  Isn't SHE adorable?!?!



We even had some left over to paint on an outer facing upper cabinet for my husband to write little notes and reminders on.  Like this one:



Yesterday we celebrated our 7 year wedding anniversary!

Overall this project took 3 days because we painted 3 coats and let each one dry completely in between.  I have to say that for $8 and 3 days this was super easy and *fancy*!  Plus I have some left over for other projects...any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment