Monday, May 14, 2012

Marathon Monday

This week went by fast!  Here is what I logged:

Monday: 30 minutes on the Pilate's reformer machine...ouch!
Tuesday: 4 miles
Wednesday: 4 miles
Saturday: 15.6 miles

This last Saturday I went to Grand Rapids for a friend's bachellorette party.  Many of the girls ran either the 5k or 10k Grand Rapids River Bank Run and I ran the 25k.  It wasn't my best run ever.  I woke up early that morning with a stomach flu and debated for about 3 hours whether I would actually run or not.  In the end, I decided to give it a shot and ended up finishing at my goal of under 3 hours: 2 hours 53 minutes.  It really helped that my girl friends were at the finish cheering me one.  Their support was huge!

When I finished I was super sweaty, super sticky (from eating oranges on the run), bleeding, blistered, and tired and feeling less than *fancy*.  But it isn't how I look on the outside, it is all about the *fancy* on the inside because

Exercise and health are key to living a *fancy* lifestyle.  Sometimes it can even be a cure to feeling sick.  By the time I ended the run, I felt a million times better and energized for the day.  In the words of Elle Woods (Reese Witherspoon) via the movie Legally Blonde: "Exercise gives you endorphins.  Endorphins make you happy."  I *fancy* that :).

No comments:

Post a Comment