Friday, April 27, 2012

BB Cream

I have always had a pretty decent complexion and feel that my skin care regimen is okay.  My 20's I always washed my face at least once a day and applied SPF moisturizing lotion.  I thought this was pretty good for me but then I hit my 30's.  For some reason I suddenly became very conscious of my skin health...wrinkles, dark spots, more wrinkles, dryness, etc. are taking its toll. So like the rest of America I will pretty much try everything to preserve my youth and decided I needed to up the anty on skin care regimen.  I wash my fast twice a day now, apply SPF moisturizing lotion every morning, and a night time anti-wrinkle cream at night.  I hardly ever wear make-up during the day and have only tried foundation a handful of times in my life (My excuse is I don't have time in the morning to do make-up; I'd rather have that extra 5 minutes of sleep) so I also apply a tinted moisturizer with my SPF to give that hint of extra glow and bronzed skin.

Olay and Clean & Clear products found at Wal-Mart
Mark Tinted Moisturizer found at Mark Cosmetics

But I am always on the lookout for "what's next" and while perusing the WWW I found some information on BB Creams.  Apparently they are wonder creams that combine SPF, tinted moisturizer, ability to help even out skin tone, reduce shine, and even have special ingredients that are supposed to improve skin quality over time. One of the best sources of information I found is here at Elle UK.  Click on the link and it will bring you to what it is and reviews of different products.  What sold me to give this a try is that it is one lotion instead of multiple-which cuts down on skin prep significantly.  So being that Northern Michigan has limited resources of shopping I bought Garnier's Skin Perfector B.B. Cream.

Garnier Skin Perfector B.B. Cream

I've been using it for about a 2 weeks now and can say that I have noticed a difference.  The coverage is great, it has brightened my skin, evened my skin tone, and I love that it already has a tint built into it.  However, I still mix it with my Olay SPF lotion because alone the Garnier BB Cream is a little dark for my skin right now and kind of made it feel a bit dryer.  I attribute this from the cold weather we are still having and feel that as summer comes along, the tint and moisture will be perfect.  The other great thing about Garnier BB Cream is it doesn't "melt off" during exercise, which is perfect for me since I am running quite often.  Overall, I'm pretty satisfied!  Give it a try!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment