Thursday, March 15, 2012

Naming a House

In one of my very first posts on my blog, seen here, I talked about how English Literature novels name their homes.  To me romantic novels like those of Jane Eyre or Pride and Prejudice are centered around their homes, as if they are indeed another character in their lives and for us readers.  Even the latest TV sensation is named after the house the inhabitants live in: Downton Abbey (and in which I am wholeheartedly obsessed with as the rest of America).  So I have decided our new home deserves a name equally important to those in English Lit.  Because, let's face it, this home is going to be the center of our family and creator of memories for many years to come.  It deserves a proper name.

The problem is, what do I name it and how do I name it?!?! 



Let the GOOGLING begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment