Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Living Room Re-Do

One of the things on my to-do list has been redecorate my living room.  In true fashion to myself, I can't seem to find what I did with my before pictures so I don't have any to share but I'll do my best to describe it: dark.  We had dark leather furniture, a dark rug, and dark side tables.  Everything was accented with golds, dark greens, and reds.  I can't deny that I chose what we had before but I bought it when we were just married so we had an almost $0 budget.  The couches were inexpensive, the rug was given to us, and the pillows and accessories were wedding presents.  Since my husband and I have "grown up" and added a baby to the mix I have been itching to redo the living room in lighter colors and fabrics that make more sense for our lifestyle.

Here is the end result:

A new sectional couch in a neutral fabric and pretty rug to accent.  The side tables I re-painted in a pretty beachy blue in the summer and the lamps are from before.  I am debating on what to do with them and am in the hunt for new shades to spruce them up a bit.

A close up view of the re-covered ottoman and new pillows...all hand sewn by myself!

I love how it turned out and has been perfect for our family and entertaining guests.  One suggestion when buying a fabric couch: splurge for fabric protection...it has already saved us more than once!

No comments:

Post a Comment