Monday, May 2, 2011

A Royal~Tea Party

I was quite excited for the Royal Wedding and thought it would be a great time to break out the never used China and invite my girlfriends over for an early morning breakfast.  So when the Ladies of Traverse City agreed to join me I decided to go all-in and throw a proper party complete with English crumpets, tea of course, hats, pretty decorations and good food.

And it was a success-the party and the wedding!  THE DRESS was beautiful-a custom Sara Burton by Alexander McQueen creation!  It was classic, elegant and fit Kate's style perfectly.  I also am kind of obsessed with her sister's bridesmaid dress which you can see here as well but the most interesting fashions were the fascinators which you can read more about at blog my favorite local wedding blog Simply Blue Weddings.

Official Royal Wedding Portraits Revealed| Royal Wedding, Kate Middleton, Prince Charles, Prince Harry, Prince William, Queen Elizabeth, Queen Elizabeth II
The Official Wedding Photo of the couple
photo via People

 Sitting at the table with my tea...

A pretty picture taken by Lady Kristy (also author of the fascinator post which you can link to above) of the place setting.  I handmade name cards for each Lady with their own menu complete with the royal crest.  The China was a gift from my mother-in-law, Royal Dalton prettiness!
 On the menu: Fruit Salad, crumpets (recipe found here), Swiss Cheese Strata and Veggie Casserole (recipes found here and here).  Oh yeah, I set up our laptop so we could stream the wedding live while we enjoyed breakfast...that way we didn't miss a minute of coverage.
Yummmmm!

 Pretty flowers and a tea cup

Each guest had a menu and on one menu I placed a flower sticker...whoever had the sticker won this tea tin with the Royal couples pictures...I found this at TJ Maxx for super cheap.

 Danishes, English Shortbread cookies, butter tea cookies, and coffee to enjoy while we watched the royal wedding in the "parlor" aka living room

No comments:

Post a Comment