Monday, April 9, 2012

Marathon Monday

Monday: cross training...45 minutes Barre Pilates
Tuesday: 4 miles
Wednesday: 6 miles
Sunday: 16 miles

I have to admit, I am getting burned out.  Running and training has taken its toll on me mentally and physically.  I knew it would take time and effort (lots and lots of effort) but it really wears the body down.  So much so, that at mile 12 of my 16 miles I literally felt like I was going to pass out.  I have never felt like that on a run before and it was mentally defeating.  I felt like I just couldn't keep going but BUT there is always that one thing, that little voice in my head, that keeps telling me:

"Don't give up, keep going, you can do it!"

So I did, I walked two tenths of a mile and ran the rest of the way to finish.  I have to admit, it helped having my hubby's encouraging words and support as he ran the last 9 miles with me.  But what kept me going is the will, the desire, the strength that I want to finish this, that I want to complete it, that I want to say....I set a goal and I did....for myself.

Pinned Image


No comments:

Post a Comment