Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Coastal Style

We are literally in the midst of renovating our house.  The hubby has been hard at work tearing out all of the carpet and tile-creating a huge dust storm that we are still cleaning up to prep our floors for some nice hardwood.  All of this means we still haven't moved in.  We are still living out of boxes, sleeping on our mattress on the floor, and have 2 chairs to sit on.  That is it.  No pictures on the wall, no pillows, no organization, no stove, no rugs, nothing to make our house feel homey.  Like the house actually belongs to us, right now I feel like we are just visitors.

But, I know that our sweat equity and patience (lots of patience!) our house will become a wonderful home.  And in the meantime I have been day dreaming about what I can do to make it the coastal style I am after...what I am calling European Nautical flair.  Here are some ideas I am loving right now:

Pinned Image
Seashells!  A water side home isn't complete with out them.

Pinned Image
Sea grass baskets will be all over the house for extra storage!

Pinned Image
Anything nautical-sailboats, stripes, white and pale blue, and LL Bean tote!

Pinned Image
Gorgeous french burlap linen drapes to flank all the windows and doors

Pinned Image
My kitchen already has white cabinets and will have dark floors.  I am loving a big center island in a pop of color-perhaps an ocean blue?

Pinned Image
And if we are going to go all-in coastal style why not just stick a sailboat in the middle of the room?

Pinned Image
Last but not least...an outdoor shower which I have blogged before but am totally obsessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment