Wednesday, October 26, 2011

DIY: Dindrl Dress

First birthday party is over, quick vacation to Colorado is complete, garage is almost done, and life is somewhat is getting back to normal which means I can actually start blogging again.  Which also means I can finally start sharing all the things I've been up to.

For HER first birthday we decided to have an Oktoberfest themed birthday party (pictures to come tomorrow!) and I wanted HER to wear a super cute German Dindrl dress.  I really couldn't find anything on-line so I thought I'd put my sewing skills to the test and make one for HER.

All in all, I say it turned out fairly well and SHE looked so cute!


The organized materials which include fabric and ribbon from JoAnn's, an old pink pillow fabric used for the placket, and a t-shirt from Wal-Mart, total cost about $15!

I thought it would be easiest to use the t-shirt as the top of the dress and sew a skirt around the bottom.  Here I am measuring the fabric to make the skirt.

The finished skirt!

A close up of my sewing skills.  I also used shears to make the edge a bit more detailed.
The finished dress!  What you can't see is also a tulle underlay underneath the skirt.  I thought it added a bit of glam to HER dress.


And finally, HER running around and loving the attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment