Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Never Forget

The 10 year anniversary passed this weekend of the attacks on the World Trade Center and I, for one, will never forget that day.  I remember I was a junior at Michigan State University walking to my Economics class at around 9:30 am, the planes already hit the towers and everyone was talking about it.  By the time we got to class my professor said no class today and instead he turned on the TV to the big projector and all 400 of us sat there and watched as the towers fell.  Needless to say it was a moment that changed millions of lives forever.

Today emotions still run high and I remember the lives lost, the heroes, and the people who are still affected deeply by the events.  This is my moment of silence to pay respects to you...those not forgotten and those rebuilding the future to make it a better and safer place.

No comments:

Post a Comment