Friday, August 19, 2011

Dear Mr. Louboutin: Letter 1-Sharing Secrets

Dear Mr. Christian Louboutin,

I have decided to share my secret with you and the WWW, it isn't a secret really, but something I've been working on and intend on working on until your beautiful, red-soled shoes rest comfortably on my perfectly manicured feet.  So here is the reason of this letter:

Like many other girls have blogged about for years, I blame my obsession with your shoes on Sex and the City.  The episode where Carrie stands in the window and swoons over your pretty pink Ruffle Cascade shoes appropriately saying "Hello, Lover" sealed the deal for me.  You know the episode right? 

Love Me My Blog
Well, I've been coveting your shoes ever since, and everyone knows it.  My friends, my family, my husband...but with the high price they've always seemed within a VERY long arm's reach away, especially now that I have a 10 month old baby girl who I'd rather put $500 into HER savings account rather than spend on a pair of shoes. 

Anyways, when I was pregnant I made it my goal to get back to pre-baby shape plus get back to my "wedding weight."  I shared this with my husband and he made the goal much more sweeter...promising me a pair of your elusive red-soled shoes whenever I got there.  Yep, you heard me...they can, and will be, mine.

So, I know what you are thinking, "but you just said you don't want to spend upwards of $500 on a pair of shoes because you want to save it for your daughter!"  Well, I did, but here is why I am okay with it.  I figure, getting healthy and spending some time on myself will benefit HER.  I will be an active, happy, healthy mom who will instill healthy habits at an early age, and by golly, if that means I get a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes in the meantime then I'm all for it.





So, Mr. Louboutin, I am going to write you every Friday to tell you how close I am to owning a pair of your shoes.  I hope you don't mind but I figure instead of just my family and friends holding me accountable, now I have the whole WWW and you as well holding me accountable.  NO excuses, right? 

OK, here it goes!  Today, I am currently 12 pounds from my goal weight...I am running a 5k this weekend and hope to be 10 pounds by next week.

Well, thank you for allowing me to share my secret and it has been a pleasure but now I must go...until next week that is!

Sincerely and most affectionately,
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment