Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Local Favorites


We had a wonderful long weekend spent with friends and family, enjoying the downtown, boating and theeaches, and the weather!  We even ventured into the Cherry Festival madness.  Even though The National Cherry Festival brings in alot of tourists and traffic which cluster the roads and make our downtown sometimes unbearable I have to remind myself of the dollars and livelihood it brings to our little town.  So in honor of that , here some of my cherry and Northern Michigan favorites that include:



Main Image
The best chocolate covered cherries for only $7.95 in dark, white, red, and milk flavors.

Grand Traverse Cherry Crumb
I am not a pie person but this is the best Cherry Pie especially because of the crumb top!

A cute cherry dress for HER!

Black Star Farms Arcturos Cabernet Franc (2006)
I've probably visited every winery and the Arcturos Cabernet Franc from Blackstar Farms is my favorite.  The hefty price of $29.95 a bottle might seem pricey but it is well worth it and any year will do.

Classic - T-Shirt
Take a drive along M-22 and you'll see why there is a whole line of clothes and accessories dedicated to a road...

Located in Lake Leelanau and about a 45 minute drive from Traverse City this is the perfect up north location to stay.  Although, I am partial as this cottage resort was the backdrop to our amazing reception when we got married here 6 years ago.

I know what you are thinking: sushi!?! But I promise locally owned Red Ginger is the best place to see and be seen while you enjoy the food and a Red Dragon cocktail.  Ask to be seated outside...a view of the bay is amazing!

And something you can't buy...a sunset over the bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment