Monday, June 18, 2012

A *Fancy* Weekend DIY

Besides from celebrating Father's Day with my amazing husband, my dad, and father-in-law our household was pretty busy playing on the beach, going for boat rides, and doing some projects.  I had some rather dismal looking candle sticks, a plant stand and a lamp lying around and decided to finally put a little "elbow grease" into them and *fancy* them up.

It's amazing what a can of $4 spray paint can do!

Here are the candle sticks...before on left and first coat of paint on right. 


The plant stand in the back was the same wood color as the original candles and the lamp was brass and brown.  Here are all pieces drying with a second coat of paint.  (Please excuse my messy garage!)


To tie in the coral color of the fabric from my chair cover DIY I decided to add in some coral accents to the candle sticks. I  bought a small sample of paint for $3 from Lowes, taped around the area, and painted away.  I even painted the coral color on the plant stand but am not happy about how it turned out so I didn't include a picture.


Last night I let them completely dry so be sure to check out pictures of the "afters" and how I styled them in my home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment