Monday, April 25, 2011

Foreward

I am a believer in fate and destiny and that those two things create moments in your life that change you.  Those moments for me include when my Grandpa passed away in 5th grade-that was the first time I felt regret, choosing cheering over volleyball in high school-which led to a scholarship, dislocating my arm falling from a cheer leading stunt my freshman year of college-transferring from EMU to MSU and ultimately finding me, meeting a boy and falling in love at first sight-8 years later we are happily married and parents, moving to Traverse City-I have a wonderful job, house, and friends, and the day my daughter was born-possibly the single most life changing moment thus far.

So these moments shaped who I am, what I've become, and ultimately the kind of home I want to build- especially since SHE joined our world.  What I've discovered is that becoming a mom has shifted my thinking-everything I do is for HER.  And for HER I want a beautiful home for her to grow up in.  

However, I'm going to be completely honest, I have not one ounce of design know how or experience.  My current decor is a hodge podge of cheapish furniture, hand me downs from family and friends, and what is on sale at our local stores.  So I've been researching, searching, thinking and wanted somewhere to compile it all together...thus the creation of this blog.  My little place in the Internet world where I can become inspired to create a home that will cultivate moments for HER.

No comments:

Post a Comment