Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dreamy Dressing Room

I've been thinking non-stop about Reese Witherspoon's wedding dress since it debuted a few weeks ago.  It encompasses all the things I love: Chantilly lace, tulle, pink, dreamy, flowy, Monique Lhullier.  And her bouquet was beautiful white roses-my favorite flower!  She has always been a style icon of mine with her effortless style and her wedding dress did not disappoint.

I've always dreamed of what it would be like to have a dressing area and if I did it would be exactly like Reese's dress.  Pretty pale pink walls with large open windows framed by lace curtains that billow gently in the lake breeze.  I'd have a mirrored vanity displaying dainty perfume bottles, my great grandmother's brooches, and a collection of Petoskey stones and shells from local beaches.  There would be a vase filled with fresh roses, an open book of poetry and a leather journal with a quill pen to jot down thoughts.  Next to my vanity I'd have a vintage dress form to display the latest necklaces and draped with pretty fabrics.

I imagine my daughter sitting on the chair in front of the mirror teaching her how to apply mascara, brushing her hair and getting ready for prom.  I imagine applying a spritz of Chanel perfume, clasping my pearl necklace, and applying that last bit of lip gloss before date night with my husband. 

I imagine it would look something like this
image via 1stdibs

or this

I'd buy this perfect mirrored vanity
   Nieman Marcus
and paint my walls Pink Swirl, www.benjaminmoore.com

Journal -  SPRINGTIME IN PARIS - French Market (JRL 016)
I would write in this
from Etsy at store 5 dollar French Market
 And stare out the window to this amazing view (yes, I live here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment